Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ps. Joakim



Pastor really did a wonderful job. Few years ago he was here to preach to us, but I was not there. To be frank, I wasn't expecting much from this service. I was somehow carried away by my papers on Monday because I'm not ready for it. But God is a amazing God, He always work unexpectedly towards our life.

Today Pastor talks about sacrifice, and I mean REAL sacrificing. He used Titanic as his example, during the ship wreck, life boats which can contain up to 70 person per boat but only 21 people were in. Not that they can't manage to hop on the boat but people just leave them there to die in order save themselves.



Often, we as a christian, we know that when we accepted Christ we are on the boat and on our journey to heaven, but somehow we forgotten about the people who are still in the 'sea' drowning and screaming for help. The real meaning of sacrifice is to give up yours to save others!

Now, how many of us are willing to give up our seats during special production such as 'Will You Marry Me'? I assume that not much of us are willing to do so. That's what I meant by 'comfort zone' or still on the 'life boat'. Now, I'm not saying that I can do it all the time, I'm just the same as others, but I will try my best to learn to give up myself to serve others.

For worship team, committment is really very high, not easy to serve as musician. Practice, practice and practice non stop, perform good enough but the glory doesn't belongs to you but God! We have to learn to be humble, servanthood heart, etc..

We can't serve God because He is not physical tangible, the only way that we can serve Him is through His people. So let us serve together in 1 heart and 1 mind. Let us grow W26 together!

No comments:

Post a Comment